Friday, May 9, 2014

Caro's Confections, does Etsy.


Blonde2Brunette Bloggers

                
     Who doesn't love Etsy? A place where you can type anything into the search engine and find items available for purchase that you never thought was available. I love finding vintage clothing pieces, eclectic jewelry and of course, Wizard Of Oz, themed items (I have a thing for Judy Garland, why hasn't anyone asked me to do a WIZARD OF OZ CAKE YET?).

For some time I have been going onto this site to find decorative pieces for my home, and "one of kind" gifts for my family and friends. Having the crafty itch I've always wanted to sell but so many ideas came to mind, and never did I find the time. Similar approached to how I came about caking, it's the same about crafting. I get inspired and I normally just go for it.

     So a little over two years ago my love for floral crowns came about, and I could never find the ones I liked. I searched online, checkout out crafters that I follow and very few had what I liked, so instead I started to make my own. This was way before this spring's "flower crown boom" came along and it was easy to find floral crowns at every boutique, big chain stores like Urban Outfitters and other online shops. At least in the state of Florida , because clearly NYC and LA and all the other big cities up the coast were ahead of the game.



The only other person ahead of the game in, Miami, was shop owner, Nicole, from (click there for more info -->) 'Nikki's Beach House'. She also lived in California... she knows her stuff. I have to be honest, she was the FIRST among the rest of the shops in, South Florida, to carry crowns, she's had them for the last few years, and well people caught on to the trend here. ;) This awesome boutique has two locations in the heart of South Miami, and Coconut Grove Shops. It's not just a shop of bikini's, but great apparel for women, jewelry, and shoes. All designer and local brands that we know and love, plus new up coming designers that South Florida with rarely see.

So as an avid follower and shopper there, I happen to fall into a beautiful accident with the owner, Nicole. She saw some handmade floral crowns, and asked me if I was available. She needed crowns A.S.A.P. and well with my random schedule- IT WORKED OUT!

Next thing you know, I made a bundle for the late summer/early fall collection, and then came back again for this spring/summer collection. It does help that FLorida has the grand ' Winter Music Festivals' and 'Ultra Music Festival'. I was even able to ship out my crowns for people to Cali for this year's, Coachella. I personally would just go to, Coachella, to dress up in funky bohemian fashion.



Caro's Confections, has turned into a brand of  all things feminine and sweet. It's my creative outlet, I LOVE TO CREATE, and just a really great way to save up for my future. I've got big plans for my performance career, so any little help along the way is simply, great. I think the biggest gratification though is people having fun with what they wear. I guess playing "dress up" really never gets old.

So this is something that kept me busy this passed year and I hope you take a peak at my little shop, click here --> https://www.etsy.com/shop/CarosConfections




About the Products:
-It's a mix of floral crowns and cake decor.
-I do take custom orders.
-I am not limited to only what you see on my shop.
-More variations Do exist on my InstaGram: @carosconfections, click here --> LINK
-Not only do I sell the crowns, but I also rent them at a very affordable price (South Florida Area Only). They are great for bridal showers, baby showers, and of course my favorite, PHOTO-SHOOTS! lol. What a fun prop to use!
-Crowns for ALL AGES.
-More products coming soon for the home, apparel, and more.

Interested? Feel free to email me at carosconfections@hotmail.com or through my Facebook Page, click here --> www.facebook.com/carosconfections

Pinkies Up,
    
       Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment