OUR PINS CAME TO LIFE.
|The Bar Spread.|
As crazy as times are these days, us ladies all crave a “girls night” every once in a while. That doesn’t always mean going out and dancing to our favorite songs. All of our occupations come with some sort of exhaustion, so we figured what would be the best thing? We came up with “ Ladies Pinterest Potluck”. Why “ Ladies Pinterest Potluck” you ask? Simply because, how may times have you pinned something, and haven’t gotten around to doing so? Possibly the majority of your pins, YES? Well it’s a yes for me, and for my gals, it was the same yearning to do so that it got us thinking, why not? Why not try at least once a month, have some sort of potluck that is inspired by the pins we pinned? It was a great way to get together,be on a smart budget, relax, and FORCE us to make at least one of our pins! LOL!
|Soothed the Soul|
This was our (Kelly, Christy, and I) first “Ladies Pinterest Potluck”, so the activities of the night consisted of eating, drinking bold glasses of red wine, listening to jazz, and reading our tarot cards. We do plan on some future gatherings to add a, crafting activity, to take care of those “ DIY CRAFT PINS”. I have a feeling that the more we do these, the bigger the group is going to get.
On the Menu:
- Truffle Gruyere grilled cheese, on a multi grain croissant.
- Prosciutto apple bites with herbed blue cheese.
- Arugula salad with blackberries, bacon, blue cheese, and a balsamic glaze.
- Baked Potato with bacon and swiss and cheddar cheese.
- Baked avocado fries (more like nuggets), with a chipotle and cilantro cream dip.
- Dessert: Deconstructed Apple Pie; Grand Marnier Spiced Roasted apples with vanilla mascarpone, and crushed chocolate gram cracker.
Total Prep/Cooking time: TWO hours.
|Best made ready to serve (20min)|
|Truffle Grilled Cheese.|
|Waiting to be filled|
I encourage all of you gals, and gents to get a group going. See which dishes were a hit or a miss, and which were the easiest and the fastest! It’s never too late to spark the foodie/crafty person within. Encourage and inspire your group and hone your skills! Plus the holidays are around the corner, good to test out the dishes- don’t ‘cha think?
|Best picture of the night.|