Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CELEBRATING YEAR ROUND WITH, CARO'S CONFECTIONS.




  CELEBRATING AT A GLANCE!
        
    You know I never realized how rewarding it is to supply celebratory staples for families, friends and their loved ones. Year round celebrations of all types are happening, and with recommendations from the gift of word of mouth, Facebook, or my clients guest at their parties- It always still surprises me and thrills me when I get to do a new confection project for someone. You got to see some of my cakes and confections, from last Fall. Halloween weekend marked the beginning of rehearsals for musicals and filming for a few indie shorts I worked. Finding time to book clients wasn't easy, but was able to take on as many projects as I could. So here is a recap of some 2013 confections thus far.

JANUARY
  • "Captain America Suit" cake. I mostly enjoyed carving the abdominal area. Some even asked" If you are, what you eat- then can I eat those abs?" hahaha. 
  • "Bow-tastic" cake. Lots of curly ribbon, glittered confetti and of course a giant bow.
  • Macarons of all kinds.


























 FEBRUARY
  • "Fireman Graduate" cake. Was honored to make this cake for our hero's of today.
  • More macarons, and even some lovely heart shaped shells for Valentine's Day.
  • "Valentine's Cakes for Two". My first bulk order of cakes. This was a monster project for me. Had over 25 orders. I learned a lot in this process. Thanks to my mother and sister. I survived!
  • "Hunger Games" cake. This was just fun. I'm really into any type of fantasy cake, it really is the most fun for me. This golden bird was done by hand, and felt really proud considering iI had no idea where to start with it. 
  • My mom helped finish off the flames as I built the golden topper.
  • "Vintage Tea Party Birthday" cake. This was for my sisters 30th surprise birthday cake. That bottom tier took the longest, but fondant frilled like that, looks so lovely.























MARCH


  • Macarons, yet again. Playing with the shamrock shape. 
  • "Golf Lover" cake. Simple, but still had enough detail. Loved the glittered flags.
  • "Circus Tent" cake. This was for an amazing charity called "Birthday Fairies", a friend of mine, Casey, created a branch here in South Florida, it's such a sweet story on how this amazing organization came about. For more info please click HERE
  • Here is a simple buttercream cake, adorned with mauve florals. I love florals with black centers, here we have , anemone's, and since this birthday lady is very chic, it was my go to color and flower!
  • "Safari Jungle" cake. This mother planned the sweetest first birthday for her son. She wanted buttercream for her guest and whatever fondant pieces for decor- so with that I went to town. I'm obsessed with these giraffes.
  • "Red Rose Flamenco" cake. This cake was for my dear friend's mother. The love of flamenco is vibrant in that house, and she wanted to make it extra special and personal. 

















    








APRIL
  • "Christening" cake. I just got SugarVeil, and my client loves simplicity in a very classic way. She wanted all buttercream, white with just a hint of baby blue. To keep that delicate nature, I used the SugarVeil lightly and it had a very nice effect on the cake.
  • "Lace Crown" cake. This cake was for my niece's first birthday, it fell in the middle of the week and her actual party wasn't until the weekend. Though things were crazy, with all the last minute 'to do's' I was able to whip up a mini- cake for her and the parents. It's only tradition for a cake and candle on anyones birthday. 
  • "Circus Elephant" cake. So many types of circus animals to do, and even with an elephant I couldn't decide what to do. Sometimes, you just have to trust yourself and see what comes out! All I know, is I wanted big floppy ears, and this lil girl had em.
  • "Circus Cupcakes". We did 'popcorn','sundae', milkshakes, and randoms.
  • "Taurus Brownie" cake. I don't get this, explain to me the person (in this case a guy) that prefers vanilla on vanilla cake, BUT loves CHOCOLATE? lol. Gotta love 'em. Brownie cakes have become popular orders for me since then!
  • "PINK-GREY" Wedding Cake. This simply yet floral time consuming cake, was used for a " PINK GREY VINTAGE CHIC" wedding photo shoot, that I was very happy to be a part of  by, Liz Dikinson Photography. It was later published in several bloodspots and magazine articles (more on that later). 





























 
























MAY

  • "Burlesque" cake. This bachelorette party had a spicy theme for their ladies night out, and I was all game. I prefer this kind of cake versus the raunchy, well- you know...
  • Lots of desserts for treats tables, cupcakes, tea cakes of all flavors. have you seen my menu? Click HERE
  • "Betty Boop Kisses" cake. This client had their very own Betty Boop topper, and wanted a complimenting cake for it. Check out these sweet kisses.
  • "Lady Bug" cake. The most important and hardest decision for me, was her face. She is indeed a, lady.
  • "Vintage Tea Bridal Shower" cake. the setting once again compliments the cake. I really enjoy this life sized dollhouse. For more info on Veronica's Dollhouse, click HERE.





















































JUNE
  • Could not book clients due to back to back 'LOCAL & OUT OF TOWN' show runs until mid August.
   AUGUST
  • "Superman" cake. This adorable 4 year old the coolest invites!!!
  • "Dad" cake. I call these the "Dad" simply because it was for my father, and he loves a classic vanilla bean cake with chocolate add ons anywhere. So before I headed off to rehearsal, I whipped up a 'Judy Garland' cake with on add on of chocolate morsels and milk chocolate ganache. With a simple banner and candles, it was there waiting for him. Don't worry there was a piece waiting for me when I got home. ;)



























SEPTEMBER
  • " Rustic Baby Shower" cakes. Oh, yeah by the way my sister is expecting! This time a baby boy. So many events happen before fall, that it's crazy to think you will every get anything done!  Somehow, some way between my sisters work, m













       Hope you all enjoyed some of my confections from this past year. Looking forward to many, many more. Stay tuned for post on my recent dessert tables and treats provided for my clients, also tips on how to prepare and decorate dessert tables, until then...

Pinkies Up,

    Caro


1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to eat some of these confections and the are awesome. p.s. my b'day is next month -- "paris in the Fall" I love youuuuucm

    ReplyDelete